I love love love Christmas time. Maybe it is because I am a big kid and adore being able to shop for the little ones and then help them try out their new toys. I love sitting back and getting to read new books, color pictures, and the decorating is always a blast! Of course being the wonderful person that I am, I thought it would be nice of me to share some of the great companies and products out there that I find for the Holiday season. Some will be products I am sent to review, some will be products we come across and I think would make a great addition. Not only will you find gift ideas, but you will find Holiday recipes, decorating ideas, craft projects, and any other fun holiday stuff I am let in on! If you know of a great product, craft, recipe, or decorating tip please let me know by emailing me at fivemonkiesreview@gmail.com (please include Gift Guide in the subject line).

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lego Universe

"Adventure awaits in endless worlds of creative LEGO® fun where you can safely build, play and connect online. Build your custom LEGO Universe minifigure and join the Nexus Force, an elite team of heroes united to defeat the Maelstrom, a dark menace trying to destroy imagination!

Battle dark creatures, chat with friends and build custom LEGO creations like pets, rockets and race cars! The best players gain leader board fame and collect the coolest LEGO loot.

Within LEGO Universe, players will safely create, build, quest and socialize together. This entirely new online world will be the place for LEGO enthusiasts of any age to form their own fun adventures!"



We were sent a copy of the new Lego Universe game and I have to tell you, it is a BLAST! Braden has been playing this nonstop now for a week. Once he figured it out, he was hooked. Kenzie (even though she is all girlie here lately) has a love for Lego's and she likes this game as well. While she still prefers her Sims 3, she is playing Lego Universe a couple of times a week. 


This game is pretty cool. When you purchase the game disc you get one month of access to the online world. After that you have to purchase additional access. You can purchase it in 1, 6, and 12 months at a time. This is the only area with the game that I have issues. You can only play it online. We haven't been able to play it offline, so I am assuming and going off what the website says, that unless you have internet access add continue to purchase the subscriptions then you can't play. The initial cost of the game is $39.99. Subscription prices are $9.99 to $89.99. Which is kinda suckish. 


Overall the game is quiet good. You have so much to do and creating the characters (you can do up to 4), and the imagination factor in getting to build the worlds is really cool. If you have a kidlet who likes to play MMO's and you are wanting to find something more along their age level, then this is the route to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment