I love love love Christmas time. Maybe it is because I am a big kid and adore being able to shop for the little ones and then help them try out their new toys. I love sitting back and getting to read new books, color pictures, and the decorating is always a blast! Of course being the wonderful person that I am, I thought it would be nice of me to share some of the great companies and products out there that I find for the Holiday season. Some will be products I am sent to review, some will be products we come across and I think would make a great addition. Not only will you find gift ideas, but you will find Holiday recipes, decorating ideas, craft projects, and any other fun holiday stuff I am let in on! If you know of a great product, craft, recipe, or decorating tip please let me know by emailing me at fivemonkiesreview@gmail.com (please include Gift Guide in the subject line).

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hasbro Easy-Bake Microwave and Style Set


If you have a kiddo that loves the Easy-Bake oven, then you will want to add this new addition of the Easy-Bake line to your shopping list. The Easy-Bake Microwave and Style Set is a super easy to use and lets your future pastry chef make cute cakes and cookies.

We were sent the Easy-Bake Microwave and Style Deluxe Set to review. It just so happened to come on MacKenzie's birthday. So guess who got the toy? LOL She ripped into that box and started "baking" as soon as her party was over. The kit came with 1 rolling pin with 4 end caps, 1 measuring spoon, 1 fondant mold, 1 detail stamper, 1 cake pan (microwave safe), 4 cookie cutters, 1 letter stamper, 1 microwave container with lid (microwave safe), 1 pattern plate, 1 pink sugar cookie mix, 1 chocolate chip cookie mix, 1 chocolate cookie mix, 1 chocolate cake mix, 1 raspberry cake mix, 1 rainbow nonpareils packet, 1 vanilla frosting mix, 1 purple fondant mix, 1 pink fondant mix, 1 light pink fondant mix, 1 yellow fondant mix and instructions.

When it comes to creations, they have a slew of ideas within the instructions, but the possibilities are endless on what cakes or cookies your kidlet makes and decorates. And surprisingly the pieces come clean easily. They are dishwasher safe, but since my dishwasher is my own two hands I want stuff that I can easily wash and be done with. I have not had any trouble getting the cake crumbs out of the bottom of the trays.

When the initial mixes run out, you can easily purchase refills for the kit (we are purchasing a second kit for Savanna and more mixes for both for Christmas). The refills cost $5.99, and the Easy-Bake Microwave and Style Deluxe Set costs $29.99. You can also purchase an Easy-Bake Microwave and Style Trendy Cookie Set for $19.99. The age recommendation on this Easy-Bake product is 8+, but I think a mature 6 yr old would like it as well. Great mommy/daughter project as well if you are really into crafty stuff with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment