I love love love Christmas time. Maybe it is because I am a big kid and adore being able to shop for the little ones and then help them try out their new toys. I love sitting back and getting to read new books, color pictures, and the decorating is always a blast! Of course being the wonderful person that I am, I thought it would be nice of me to share some of the great companies and products out there that I find for the Holiday season. Some will be products I am sent to review, some will be products we come across and I think would make a great addition. Not only will you find gift ideas, but you will find Holiday recipes, decorating ideas, craft projects, and any other fun holiday stuff I am let in on! If you know of a great product, craft, recipe, or decorating tip please let me know by emailing me at fivemonkiesreview@gmail.com (please include Gift Guide in the subject line).

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

VeggieTales: It's a meaningful life

I am a huge VeggieTales fan. Have been for YEARS. I mean really, who doesn't like veggies talking to them?! I think my fandom stems from annoying the crap out of my friend Arin during a youth trip. I spent hours singing "Oh where is my hair brush". Which led to years later, her actually giving me a hair brush for Christmas. LOL. Good times.

Not only are the tunes catchy but the morals and the stories are something I have no issue with my kids watching and being exposed to over and over and over again. Which we have. Tons of times. Larry the Cucumber is a big hit my house. My favorite thing about this VeggieTales movie is that I can reiterate something I try really hard to teach the kids. That no matter what, you should always understand your own worth and importance  to be content with what they do have rather than worrying about what others have. It is a hard lesson. Especially in this age of entitlement that we are living through. The old values of be thankful for the things we have is gone. Everyone wants bigger and better. Ugh that is so another post, one I actually have written and think I will post along with this review. Watch for it.

Back to the talking tomato.

It's a meaningful life has a brand new song set. It even has Steven Curtis Chapman on there. Some of the Bonus Features include:
  • Directors’ Audio Commentary
  • Art Gallery
  • Parents Guide presented by Family Life
  • “Goodnight Junior” Silly Songs Sing-Along
  • Visit a Train Museum with Larry
  • Behind The Music of It’s a Meaningful Life—An Interview with Steven Curtis Chapman
  • “Meant To Be” Music Video 
The video run time on this particular movie is 48 minutes. You can purchase it at most major stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon and even online at BigIdea.com. This would make a great stocking stuffer or if you are like me and have this thing about giving a new movie each holiday season, this is your next perfect pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment