I love love love Christmas time. Maybe it is because I am a big kid and adore being able to shop for the little ones and then help them try out their new toys. I love sitting back and getting to read new books, color pictures, and the decorating is always a blast! Of course being the wonderful person that I am, I thought it would be nice of me to share some of the great companies and products out there that I find for the Holiday season. Some will be products I am sent to review, some will be products we come across and I think would make a great addition. Not only will you find gift ideas, but you will find Holiday recipes, decorating ideas, craft projects, and any other fun holiday stuff I am let in on! If you know of a great product, craft, recipe, or decorating tip please let me know by emailing me at fivemonkiesreview@gmail.com (please include Gift Guide in the subject line).

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Goliath Games


Board games are always a big hit with my kids. They absolutely love the different games that come out, and even the classics are a big hit. One of our favorite companies has quickly become Goliath Games. They have such a fun assortment of games that span all age levels that it is easy to find a new game to place under the tree. I have been on the hunt for games out of the box for the twins. We did Hungry Hungry Hippo, and while it is a big hit, it is stationary and they get bored. So when we were sent Mad Mouse to try out I was thrilled to see that the mouse moves! The cute little blue mouse darts around and the goal is to catch the mouse by the tail with little cat paws. When you catch the mouse you get cheese. Whoever gets the most cheese wins. Easy peasy! The twins actually screeched in delight over chasing this thing. Mad Mouse comes with 4 of the cat paws, the electronic mouse, 9 pieces of cheese, and requires 2 AA batteries. The cost for Mad Mouse is $30.99. You can purchase it on Goliath games website, Amazon, and several other sites. Check for all the places to purchase HERE.

We were also sent Pop the Pig to try out. This was definitely up Braden and Savanna's alley. This is a great game for learning to count and estimation. Why? Well because the players have to guess how many bites it will take the pig to eat the burger. With every time you push on piggies head, his tummy grows. Just don't push too many times, or the tummy pops. Think of the first time you saw a Jack in the Box. And the reaction to "POP! Goes the weasel" That would be Colton's reaction every.single.time that Braden made the stomach pop. Which was every.single.time it was his turn! Pop the Pig is for ages 4+ and it is great fun. It comes with 1 Pop the Pig and 16 burgers. The cost is $24.99 (it is on sale right now!).

Along with these two games there are many more games available through Goliath Games. Check them all out and see which is your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment