I love love love Christmas time. Maybe it is because I am a big kid and adore being able to shop for the little ones and then help them try out their new toys. I love sitting back and getting to read new books, color pictures, and the decorating is always a blast! Of course being the wonderful person that I am, I thought it would be nice of me to share some of the great companies and products out there that I find for the Holiday season. Some will be products I am sent to review, some will be products we come across and I think would make a great addition. Not only will you find gift ideas, but you will find Holiday recipes, decorating ideas, craft projects, and any other fun holiday stuff I am let in on! If you know of a great product, craft, recipe, or decorating tip please let me know by emailing me at fivemonkiesreview@gmail.com (please include Gift Guide in the subject line).

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dragonart Evolution

If you have a budding artist in your home then this is one book you will want to put under his tree!

This drawing book contains:
  • 60+ step-by-step demonstrations covering a variety of dragons, including medieval, fairy and sea-dwelling wyrms
  • In-depth advice for drawing every part of the beast – eyes, ears, horns, wings, scale patterns, limbs and more
  • Extra tips and tricks provided by your dragon guide, Dolosus

With the rage being towards the mythical the past few years, Dragonart Evolution fits right into the genre and right into any artists heart that likes to try and draw knights and dragons. Braden was so excited to get this book and open it up. While he really isn't old enough to understand all the drawing concepts within the book, he definitely likes looking through the pictures and trying his hand at drawing the simpler dragons. MacKenzie is at a better age to sit down and draw the dragons. Her favorites are the more fairy tale dragons and she likes taking time with the wings. She does tend to get a bit "creative" while drawing the wings.

Did you know that Newsweek did an article called "The Creativity Crisis"? It talks about how kids aren't using their imaginations like they use to. I completely agree. I think kids today are so into video games and television shows that they just don't have the imaginations we had when I was little. I think that is why I prefer books to tv. I can actively engage my mind in what I am reading.

So to get your kids off the couch and having a different kind of fun, pop Dragonart Evolution under the tree this year. And when your artist is done creating, have them upload their designs onto DeviantArt.com and share with millions of other artists!

You can purchase Dragonart Evolution by J. "NeonDragon" Peffer at most of your favorite bookstores, including Amazon. Amazon has it for just under $16.

No comments:

Post a Comment