I love love love Christmas time. Maybe it is because I am a big kid and adore being able to shop for the little ones and then help them try out their new toys. I love sitting back and getting to read new books, color pictures, and the decorating is always a blast! Of course being the wonderful person that I am, I thought it would be nice of me to share some of the great companies and products out there that I find for the Holiday season. Some will be products I am sent to review, some will be products we come across and I think would make a great addition. Not only will you find gift ideas, but you will find Holiday recipes, decorating ideas, craft projects, and any other fun holiday stuff I am let in on! If you know of a great product, craft, recipe, or decorating tip please let me know by emailing me at fivemonkiesreview@gmail.com (please include Gift Guide in the subject line).

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nanna's Bread Pudding

Post courtesy of Debi from Who Say's 8 Is Enough. This is her grandmother's recipe, and she is being awesome and sharing it with you guys. Seriously, I think this would be either great as a brunch item or awesome for breakfast. Who says "dessert" has to be just desserts?!

Start out with a large loaf of raisin bread. I made this one in my bread machine, but you can just buy one at your local bakery or grocery store if you don't want to make your own. (or, just use two loaves of whatever brand name loaves you can find)
Cut 4 to 5 thick slices and then cut those into 1 inch pieces.
Place into an ungreased baking dish.
I used a large oval Corning Ware piece. (not sure dimensions, but I would guess 10 inch )
Heat 2 1/2 c. milk in a saucepan over medium heat, but DO NOT bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Place 4 large eggs in a large bowl
Add 3/4 c. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla and beat together.
Add milk to the beaten mixture, making sure it isn't hot enough to scramble the eggs.
Add a pinch of salt.
Mix together very well.
Pour over bread, making sure to saturate every piece.
Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Place into a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until set. (it should look like custard)
Serve warm or cold.
We like to serve ours warm with fresh seasonal berries.
ENJOY!


Debi Bouffard is mom to NINE kiddos and manages to come up with the greatest recipes. I am thrilled to have her contribute to the gift guide with some easy alternative recipes for those families with kids who need gluten free options. Debi writes over at Who Say's 8 Is Enough? Visit her and get to know more about her, her family, and her love of photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment